Saturday, April 9, 2011

When I Have My Own Place

Assuming I'm not a bum who wakes up at 3 in the afternoon, uses air freshener instead of cleaning and lives in my mom's basement at 35 years old, when I do have my own place, it will be the greatest ever.
I'm pretty darn cheap, and I most likely won't be loaded anyways, so the majority of my furniture will probably be randoms from assorted family member's garages and vintage junk I can get my hands on from flea markets. In other words, nothing is going to match- but in a very artsy, avant garde way.
There's going to be a mirror in probably every room. Not because I enjoy looking at my own reflection, but because in my current house, when I do need to use a mirror, I find myself scampering off to a sometimes already occupied bathroom, or the slightly reflective microwave door... And they're just an excuse for more decor, so woohoo!
If I can paint the walls they'll easily be a nice, soft, dull color like eggshell or light grey or tan or I'll just stay with white. I've been haunted by green and yellow(pea and pee, haha!) walls, and if you know me, you know I'm not exactly a POPPING color kind of girl anyways.

I'm only going to have one TV(if any), a whole wall lined with bookshelves(ideal and classy, bonus points!), at least two cats, and hand lotion next to the sink in the bathroom. I'm not really a big fan of indoor plants, and my cats would eat them anyways! Unless I get that creepy cat grass that you can grow on your kitchen counter....
So if there's one thing I'm looking forward to for when I move out, it's decorating my own place :)

Thanks for reading!
P.S. I added a few new obscure, indie songs to my playlist, they're at the top, so feast your ears if you please.

1 comment: