Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter and Sorry

To all my avid readers: sorry I didn't post yesterday. I don't really have a legit excuse. You probably didn't even notice though so w00t.
I never know what to talk about. I need a theme.
You guys can e-mail me at steelesteele@rocketmail.com and tell me what you want me to blog about. That'd be good.
Happy Easter I guess. What does that even mean though? Personally, I couldn't care less about the religious aspect. I won't get into it because someone's going to want to beat me up, but it's just not my thing.
Also, as much as a lot of us would like to deny it, a big part of American holidays is the commercial crap. Yeah they all have their nice, sentimental, Jesus-y, happy stories, but there's much more and we all know it.
Easter is waking up to oodles of rainbow plastic eggs tucked around the house. Opening them and exposing sugar bomb candies and pieces of chocolate shaped like bunnies. Rabbits don't even lay eggs. Then boiling dozens of real eggs, taking a white crayon and writing silly thing on them then dipping them in magic water to stain them your favorite color. Lunch is roast beef and mashed potatoes and dinner is leftovers and you snack on your chocolate bunny all day. That's just all money. It's fun though. But I'd be so fine if none of that happened.
Basically I'm fine with every day just being a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment