Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Pie

Okay sooo, pie. (?)

Pumpkin pie likes to scream "THANKSGIVING THANKSGIVING PILGRIMS AND INDIANS YAAAY" whenever you see it. It's cool that it has its own holiday to be associated with, but I kind of got sick of it, and didn't eat any in 2010. I feel bad and very un-American, trust me. Orange is a weird color for food anyways.

Apple pie is good I guess. Whenever I turn to dessert it's usually because I want to get away from all healthy things. So when I get a nice big slice of apple on my fork, I freak. I'm going to be an obese adult probably.

"Aunt Sharon's peach pie" is the most delightful thing to eat. You won't really get this unless you've eaten it, so I suggest you get a bite sometime in your lifetime.

Whenever I eat cherry pie I feel like I should have braided pigtails and a teethy grin and my face covered in angel kiss freckles. It just seems appropriate. If you use those canned cherries to make cherry pie, the cherries are bleached, then dyed red. How strange, right?

Everytime we go to Red Lobster, my grandpa gets keylime pie. So it always reminds me of him. He likes to enjoy life and laugh with his hand on his stomach like a pregnant woman would. He enjoys life and never ever takes a moment for granted and wants to have a little farm in Kansas. Whenever he tells me about that I like to tell him I am only OK with it as long as if he gets horses too. So whenever I get the sweet, citrus-y tang of keylime, I think of him!

P.S. Happy hump day everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Free Pie Wednesday at Village Inn. This deal was meant for you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds awesome. Wanna take me?

    ReplyDelete