Sunday, April 24, 2011

Things I (Kind of) Learned My Freshman Year

24 days until summer. 24 days until three months of freedom. Until I get forced to go to Water World every other week, and the smell of sunscreen is the only thing that gets me to go. Until I have to babysit my very capable little brothers at the stupid neighborhood pool for hours. Until I eat a lot, a lot of Otter Pops. Until I find myself ironically missing snow, and school, and people.
Almost 1/4 through with high school. This is emotional. I feel unaccomplished. But hey, I have 3 more years to do something, right?

Things I (kind of) learned in my freshman year:
1. This, unfortunately, will not happen.

Screw you, Disney Channel.
Jk I love Zack & Cody.

2. To heck with perfection.
No one is flawless, and you'll have no luck trying to be. You'll just have to find people to accept you for the scrawny, awkward, garbage punk you are. Or, ya know, outgoing, attractive, model-citizen you are...
Basically, as cliche as it sounds, BE YOURSELF and it will get you somewhere.














Usually.

3. Being single is fine.
In fact, it's probably the best way to go. Your money doesn't go as fast, you don't have to worry about your breath, and c'mon, look at how happy this guy is:












4. Stay organized.
Putting tab dividers in your binders and cleaning out your backpack every once in a while will pay off.
Please make sure your locker never looks like this:



I might cry.

5. There's going to be a class where the teacher's butt is always in your face, you can barely maintain a C average and you sit next to a smelly boy who asks you if those are real diamond earrings. No, they're not. Well, he can get you real diamond earrings.
You're just gonna have to solider through it.
Ugh.

ENJOY HIGH SCHOOL, I hear it goes by fast. It's four years you won't be able to make up.

¡Jaja, y yo tengo mucho morado en mi pelo!
Wow I don't think I said that right...

No comments:

Post a Comment