Sunday, November 20, 2011

I'm... Bald

Friday I did the craziest thing.Long, thick, split-ended, wavy, heavy, high-maintainence hair GONE!
Not all gone, but 13 inches of it.

Here's me before:

Sigh...
My best friend held my hand for support. I think she was more worked up than I was.

Then before I could put anything more into perspective, it was in pigtails and being chopped off.

I wanted to cry right then.

My hair is my secuiruty blanket. It's what I hide behind and play with when I'm nervous. It's what I pull at and cover my face with.
I don't have it anymore! It's in a padded envelope on its way to Florida. I FEEL NAKED. It's like I got a limb chopped off.
I'm still coming to terms with it.

& I donated it all to Locks of Love, this will be my third time donating.
So it all goes to a good cause, but now I'm kind of sad.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh that's a big change, but your new hair is very cute.

    ReplyDelete